Content is a way you reach your customers through blogs, social media, eBooks, or email. Copywriting is used to call the customer to make a sale.
Effective copywriting uses language that speaks to and resonates with the customer.
Sales copy creates an emotional connection with your customers. It inspires customers to make a purchase because they feel emotionally invested in your brand.
The content your business puts out embodies your brand’s personality.
Great brand copywriting shows customers that you know exactly what their challenges are, and more you know how your product or service solves their most critical business problems. Demonstrating an understanding of customers on that deep level creates loyal brand advocates who will purchase from your business for life.
Create emotionally engaging brand copy with these tips:
Features tell, benefits sell. You might pride yourself on the features of your service or product and what you have to offer. But the words that are going to bring you closer to the sale are words that describe the benefits of the products.
- Demonstrate your intimacy with the struggles your customers face. Know your customers. Know what their problems are by sharing insights about their everyday experiences and their long-term goals and dreams.
- Copywriting helps prospects imagine the enjoyment of improved circumstances they will experience after adopting your product or service.
Have a distinct brand voice. Your brand voice includes unique words and language. These words help create a brand persona that stands out and resonates with your customers.
- Effective brand requires
- distinct, consistent voice. Have brand guidelines to refer to consistently across the organization so the team shares a unified message.
Create a sense of urgency. Urgency helps customers take action before the law of diminishing intent sets in. Use a timed offer, better pricing for buying now, or buzzwords to motivate your prospects to make a purchase.
- Emphasize the consequences if prospects delay the purchase.
Create your own category. Use Copy to become the go-to in your industry. What secret combination makes your business truly stand out?
- An example of this is In-N-Out. They position themselves as more than just an easy access fast-food company. They are found in specific parts of the US which makes them exclusive. Their branding and copy portray them as a cult classic known for their commitment to quality. Given the opportunity to dine at an In-N-Out, the branded message is clear! Don’t miss it!
Use the AIDA framework to build a connection. When you know your customers and the problems they have, that makes this part easy. The AIDA framework is an unbeatable way to create brand advocates by connecting with customers. Use this everywhere from your web copy to email copy.
- Use an engaging hook to grab the reader’s attention and pull them in.
- Grow their interest by giving new, relevant, and valuable information and building the context.
- Use copy to evoke desire and create an emotional connection about the product or service.
- Give a call to action and motivate a purchase. Now!
Copy is how your messaging shapes the perception of your brand that inspires buying decisions. Messaging that highlights brand personality is timeless. Words are a powerful tool, especially when showing your brand’s unique advantages in a way that connects with others and the value they will get from your company now and in the future.
Additionally, brand copywriting cultivates relationships with customers. Copy that utilizes insights and experience that resonate with prospects creates an emotional connection, whereby prospects become invested in your business – just like they would feel with a close friend.
Everyone relates to stories, and that includes the stories you tell with your copy. Your future customers are living into their experiences filtered through their narrative. You enter that narrative by attracting them to a new better story with your product or service. You engage prospects with the words of your copy. Then you deliver experiences that delight clients by solving their issues by delivering what you promise.
Cathleen Mancino is a Peak Performance Sales and Leadership Coach who specializes in helping clients make impactful presentations that get clients motivated to make decisions! For more information or to schedule a private session with Cathleen, visit www.slingshot-method.com or schedule an introduction by clicking here https://calendly.com/mybestslingshot/15min